Note: There is a 5000 user limitation on channel and category members. If more members are expected, please use Kaltura Groups . See Group Support in Kaltura Applications and Kaltura Groups FAQ for additional information. For any bulk actions that will create more than 5,000 entires (e.g., users), including category bulk uploads, please contact your Kaltura representative to coordinate the upload.
To edit the Users-Bulk-Upload CSV File
Click here to view a sample of what the Bulk CSV file would look like.
- Open the end users example CSV using Excel or similar.
- Add an "email" column and populate it with email addresses for the MediaSpace users. While not manatory, setting email addresses allows these new users to receive MediaSpace email notifications.
- Add a column for a MediaSpace role. The format of the column title is "metadata::KMS_USERSCHEMA1_[your_MediaSpace_instance_id]::role", where the instance id is your MediaSpace instance id, found in the Application section of your MediaSpace back office.
The new column defines the role of the new users to be created, the options depend on the KMS instance. By default, the following roles are available:
After adding all the information to the CSV, your file should look as follows:
In case you are also using MediaSpace to authenticate users, you can also include a password for each user, via an additional "partnerData" column. More instructions can be found here.
Uploading the CSV file to MediaSpace and Kaltura Management Console
To Upload the CSV via Kaltura Management Console
- After saving the CSV file, browse to your Kaltura Management Console (KMC).
- Select Upload, then choose Select CSV/XML and choose End-Users CSV.
Choose the CSV from the previous step and click Open.
That's it. The CSV file containing a list of MediaSpace users is uploaded.
To Upload the Users-CSV from MediaSpace Admin Console
- Access your MediaSpace Admin Console.
- Select Manage Users from top navigation bar.
- To upload the CSV, click Submit CSV.
- Click the Choose File button and select the CSV from the previous step and click OK.
That's it. Users should now be able to log in to MediaSpace.
# Detailed information on the End-Users CSV, including relevant use cases, complete schema description and examples, # is available in: http://knowledge.kaltura.com/end-users-csv-usage-and-schema-description # Note: The submission of end-users CSV enabled only when your account is set to support end-user management # The CSV should have the following fields for each user record. separated by comma: # -- action – Optional - Kaltura’s numeric value for the action to apply on a specific user account. Supported action typles and their numeric values: values: 1- add, 2- update, 3- delete, 6- add or update. Default = add # -- userId - Mandatory - The user's unique identifier. # -- firstName – Optional (required for MediaSpace) The user's first name # -- lastName – Optional (required for MediaSpace)- The user's last name # -- screenName - Optional (required for MediaSpace)- The user's Screen Name as will appear in the KMC. # -- email – Optional - The user's email address. # -- tags – Optional - The tags to be added to the user account # -- gender – Optional - Kaltura's numeric value for gender. Supported values: 0-unknown (default), 1- male, 2- female. # -- city – Optional - a free text field for populating a user's city # -- state – Optional - a free text field for populating a user's state # -- country – Optional - a free text field for populating a user's country # -- zip – Optional - a free text field for populating a user's zip code # -- dateOfBirth - Optional - The user's date of birth # -- partnerData - Optional - a free text field used in the account for applicative use. # -- Custom metadata (User object) - Optional - field name should be set according to the following format: metadata::[metadataProfileSystemName]::[metadataProfileFieldSystemName] # *action userId firstName lastName screenName 1 su1xyz Sample User1 Sample User1 1 su2xyz Sample User2 Sample User2 1 su3xyz Sample User3 Sample User2