Kaltura's Video Module for Drupal makes it easy to add the robust capabilities of Kaltura's open source video platform to any Drupal site.
The Kaltura Video Module for Drupal handles every aspect of your video and rich-media needs, including transcoding, uploading and importing content, hosting and streaming on Kaltura’s servers, and more. The module was developed specifically for Drupal, and seamlessly integrates with other features and modules, such as fields, cron, views, blocks and Drupal permissions.
Kaltura Module for Drupal Key Features
- Empower Drupal websites with a full video and rich media experience
- Upload media in any format – upload from your computer or record from webcam - videos will be transcoded to web-playable formats by the Kaltura system
- Host content by Kaltura and stream content from tier 1 global CDNs such as Akamai and Limelight Networks through Kaltura’s full integration with them - to assure quality of service, and minimize overhead
- Metadata synced between Kaltura and the Drupal site
- Easily add rich media to existing content types using Kaltura Media Field representation of rich media
- Fully integrate with Drupal Views - including predefined views to ease integration
- Enhance user interaction by allowing users to add video comments with one click on any page
- Collect statistics – number of plays for each video collected and updated on the video node
- Control Drupal permissions integration – an administrator can decide who can view and who can edit content
Download the Kaltura Video Module for Drupal 7.x at: http://drupal.org/project/kaltura. Continue to install the module as you would for any Drupal module and then activate the module.
Additional dependent modules may be required to complete the installation. See the Drupal Release Notes for more information.