The Kaltura Video Extension for Oracle Eloqua is built to allow modern marketers to enhance their marketing campaigns with video as a strong marketing tool.
The extension empowers the marketers with the following abilities:
- Easily add videos to Eloqua landing pages
- Track user video interaction and use it for lead nurturing, scoring, qualification and reports
- Collect leads and additional data in video player
- Have call to action buttons in video player to increase user engagement
To add the Kaltura video embed as Cloud Content
- Add the Kaltura video embed application.
- Enable the Kaltura video embed as cloud content.
To add the Kaltura Video Embed App to your Eloqua instance
- Ask your Kaltura representative for the Catalog URL of the application.
- Paste the URL in your browser.
- Login to your Eloqua instance. You will automatically go to a page with the following question.
- Click Accept.
- Click Catalog on the toolbar.
- Find the row of the Kaltura App in the table and click Re-Configure.
- Click Configure.
Be certain to get an "OK" message.
To enable Kaltura video embed as cloud content
- Click Settings and then Setup.
- Click Cloud Components.
Find and select the Kaltura App by scrolling or searching in the left side of the UI.
- Click Enable.
User video engagement data is tracked in the dedicated Eloqua’s Custom Object (also known as ‘Data Card’). The Custom Object records are created and updated via an Eloqua form that is submitted by the video player.
All video engagement data is correctly tracked and associated with the relevant contacts, however, there is a one time manual setup required.
To setup a custom object for the video engagement data in Eloqua
- On the upper control bar of Eloqu, click Contacts then click Custom Objects.
- Click Custom Object and select New Custom Object.
- In the Custom Object definition, give the custom object Display Name an intuitive name, for example, "Kaltura Video Engagement".
- Set the default entity mapping to:
- Entity Type: Contacts
- Entity Field: Email Address
- Click Next.
- Click Custom Object Record Fields and select Add New Field.
- Add the following fields:
|Entry Reference ID||Text|
|Playback date and time||Date/Time|
|Playback Session ID||Text|
|View time duration||Text|
|View time percentage||Number|
|Continued to related video||Text|
|Kaltura unique ID||Text|
8. In the Custom Object definition screen, set the following mapping:
a. Unique Code Field to Kaltura Unique ID
b. Email Address Field to Email Address
9. Click Save.
- On the upper control bar of Eloqua, click Assets and then Forms.
- Select Create a Form.
- Select Blank Form.
- Click Custom Field and then double click Single Line Text to add each one of the following fields.
Define field by field with the following parameters: Field Label
|Data Type||HTML Name|
|Entry Reference ID||Text||EntryReferenceID|
|Playback date and time||Date||PlaybackDateAndTime|
|Playback Session ID||Text||PlaybackSessionID|
|View time duration||Text||ViewTimeDuration|
|View time percentage||Numeric||Viewtimepercentage|
|Continued to related video||Text||ContinueToRelatedVideo|
|Kaltura unique ID||Text||KalturaUniqueID|
5. Click on the field and change the relevant parameters on the right sidebar.
6. Click Processing.
7. Click the plus sign next to Processing Steps.
8. Double click Update Custom Data Object - With Form Data.
9. Click the new Processing Steps on the left sidebar.
10. Choose the Custom Object created for Kaltura Video Engagement data.
11. Define the key field as Kaltura Unique ID.
12. Make sure all the fields are mapped correctly in the Field Mapping section.
13. Set the update type to ‘Update if new value is not blank’.
14. Set the processing step to execute Always.
15. Click Save.
You will need to create a data lookup key for the Eloqua email field so that the data engagement is connected to known contacts when applicable.
If you are using the data collection form to add data to existing contacts, you would also need to provide the Eloqua email field data lookup ID. If you have already created a data lookup key for tracking video engagement, you can use the same one.
To find the Eloqua email field data lookup ID
- On the eloqua top toolbar, go to Settings and click Setup.
- Click Web Data Lookup.
- Click Data Lookup and Select New Data Lookup.
- Enter a name for the data lookup.
- Select "Visitors as the data lookup type.
- Click Save.
- Click Data Lookup Options and choose Get Data Lookup Scripts.
- Find the key in the Integration Script after the string "escape".
- Send this key to your Kaltura representative.
- In the defined form, click the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Click View Form HTML.
- Click Integration Details.
- Copy the first 3 items (under the titles ‘Post URL for this form’ and ‘Required hidden fields for 'this form’ to a side note to be used later.
- In the Kaltura Management Console (under Studio) find the player IDs of all the players you are using for marketing and copy them.
- Send the data to your Kaltura representative (Customer Success Manager, Support or Project Manager) for implementation.
You can add a mandatory or optional data collection form to a video player any time during playback. The data collection form is used to generate leads or collect additional data for existing leads.
- Create a form in Eloqua with the relevant fields you want the in-player form to update.
Even if you are collecting data on known leads, make sure to include a field for an email address to connect the collected data to contacts.
If necessary, define the form processing to update the relevant fields.
- Decide the following:
- If you want 1, 2, or 3 fields.
- For each field:
- name of the field of the form.
- Placeholder: the text to appear in the field before filling it out.
- If it is a required field.
- If the form is mandatory or not.
- When in the video do you want the form to display.
- Optional style rules like font and colors.
- Send this information to your Kaltura representative, along with the Player ID(s).
Adding Video to Eloqua Landing Pages
With the Kaltura Video Extension extension you can easily add a Kaltura video to a landing page.
To add a video to Eloqua landing page
- On a landing page click on Cloud Content on the left side
- In the Cloud Content widget find the Kaltura App by scrolling or searching.
Drag the icon to the landing page, wait for it to expand to a placeholder of full size and locate the video player where you want it to be on the landing page.
- Double click the placeholder or right click and choose Edit Content.
- Sign in using your Kaltura credentials (if necessary).
- Find the video you want to use by scrolling or searching.
- Click Select on the desired video.
- Choose the player you want to use with the radio buttons on the left.
- Click Select.
- Wait for the confirmation message and close box.
Video Engagement Data
Vdeo engagement data is stored in the custom object records. A contact can have multiple custom object records based on the how many video playback session she had. You can view reports on video engagement on the custom object interface or in Eloqua Insight. If you can’t run reports on Custom Object records in Eloqua Insight, please contact your Eloqua representative to enable this.