This guide is intended for users of the Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn.
The following documentation is available for information about Kaltura's Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn:
The tools available may vary and depend on your administrator's setup configuration. In some cases, the tools may have different names or may not be available.
To add My Media to the My Institution tab
- Login to Blackboard Learn as a system administrator.
- Go to System Admin > Communities > Tabs and Modules > Modules > My Media.
- Click on the arrow near My Media and select Edit Properties.
- Under the Availability section set the following:
- System Availability: Yes
- Available to: Choose either ‘Everyone’ or specify Specific Roles.
- Click ‘Submit’. The My Media link appears in the My Institution Tab.
Please refer to the Kaltura Video Building Block 5 for Blackboard Learn 9.x Setup Guide for further instructions on roles and permissions when accessing My Media.
To add the Media Gallery to the Course Tools Menu
- Open a course page from your Courses tab.
- In the Course Menu, click the ‘+’ button at the top left and click “Tool Link”.
- In the Add Tool Link dialog give the shortcut a name and choose “Media Gallery” under Type. Make sure to check “Available to Users”.
- Click Submit. The Media Gallery link is added to the Course Menu and is accessible to all enrolled users. The Course Tools is available to Faculty only. The shortcut name given in the Add Tool Link, in this example, Course Videos is added to the upper left panel.
Section 2 Interacting with Media
Section 4 Managing Your Media