For setup information and guides, please see the following links:
- Kaltura Video Building Block 5 for Blackboard Learn 9.x Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Kaltura Video Building Block 5 for Blackboard Learn 9.x User Manual
- Blackboard's SaaS version Official Release Dates.
- Release Notes for Learn Self- and Managed-Hosting
- Kaltura's Latest Building Block Installation file.
The Kaltura Video Building Block supports the following service packs:
- Blackboard Learn Self- and Managed-Hosting - Q2 2019, Q4 2018, Q2 2018, and Q4 2017.
- Blackboard Learn SaaS in the classic Learn experience v3700.
This version introduces the following new items:
- As Blackboard are moving to support JDK11, the Kaltura B2 was adjusted to support it. (1)
- BSE v3 – The BSE v3 capabilities of embed size is now open. This will require KMS 5.86.x and the B2 version 5.2.7 and above. (2)
- v3700 / Q2 2019 support
We have added a Name to the B2 iFrame. This is to support security policies where name is mandatory for iFrames to load in BB.
Update to the Kaltura-policy.xml – this task was performed to allow full screen in Firefox for videos embedded by students.
We have aligned the play button on the player in IE11
B2 debug logging location have been updated for both SaaS and Hosted
Featured Media - We have adjusted the size of the featured Media div to fit the page. However, in some sizes the scroll bar appears. this will be fixed in next deployment.
E-mail Announcemnts support - due to BB policy, dynamic URLs must be used for kaltura items. Kaltura is workign with the BB team to find a way to support this feature.