Contact you Kaltura representative to enable the Kaltura Powtoon module for your account.
To create a video with Powtoon
- Login to your KMS/KAF instance.
- Select Powtoon Video from the Add New menu.
If this option is not displayed, please contact your Site Admin.
You can decide whether to create your Powtoon from scratch or use a template.
If you’ve created your own storyboard and know exactly how you would like to build your video, you can start from scratch with a blank Powtoon. With this option, you will begin your Powtoon with a blank canvas to which you can add ready-made backgrounds, scenes, and characters.
If you are not completely sure how to go about building your video and need a little inspiration, you can use a ready-made template. As a template is a pre-built presentation that you only need to customize for your needs, this option enables you to create a Powtoon quickly and easily.
Starting from Scratch with a Blank Powtoon
To get started
- Click Start From Scratch.
By default, the Studio opens with the Cartoon look. A Powtoon look is a design theme that determines the tone of the video. To maintain design consistency, each look includes characters, props, shapes, and other objects designed specifically for the look.
If you want, you can always switch to another one of the Powtoon looks (Modern Edge, Whiteboard, Infographic, Real) by clicking the ▼ in the looks drop-down list.
You are now ready to begin creating your Powtoon with all the content available in the Powtoon Studio.
Using a Ready-Made Template
To get started
- Select the template category that best matches the video that you want to create.
- Leave All selected if you would like to browse all the Powtoon templates.
All the templates in the selected category display:
As you scroll through the templates, you can switch between Grid and Detailed view by clicking the icons at the top of the page.
- When you find a template that interests you, click Watch Preview to preview the video.
- If you are happy with the template and want to use it, click Edit Template.
The template opens in the Studio, ready for your customization and editing. See the Powtoon Studio .
When using a template, note the following:
- The Studio opens in Edit mode. When working in Edit mode you are not able to add new elements* from the Powtoon libraries to your video, but you can swap out any of the existing elements for different ones.
In the example below, the arrow icon is selected and can be swapped out for a different arrow.
- You can always switch to Create mode to get full access to all the Powtoon libraries as well as to the timeline.
* In Edit mode, you can duplicate slides and add new scenes using the slide menu.