In KAF, you can create playlists and associate media with the playlists. Playlists are displayed on the homepage ('Most Recent', 'Most popular', etc.) showing entries. Click on a playlist to open the Playlist Media Page with the full list of playlist entries for each playlist.
To create a playlist
If you cannot create a playlist, ask your KAF administrator to give you the required permission.
- In the Media Gallery select Edit from the Hamburger menu.
The Details tab is displayed.
- Click the Playlists tab.
- Click Create New and select Manual Playlist from the drop-down menu. The Create a Manual Playlist window is displayed.
- Enter the following Details:
- Title - Give the playlist a unique name, indicative of the content and purpose of the playlist.
- Description - Describe the Playlist's contents.
- Tags - Add descriptive metadata to help categorize the playlist and improve search ability.
The auto-complete feature suggests existing tags, if the Tag does not exist after you have completed typing in the tag, click on the suggested option with (new Tag) next to it.
- Click Add Media.
All the Media Gallery's content is listed and can be sorted by Attributes (Most Recent, Alphabetical, Likes and Comments), Media Type (Video or Audio) or Free Text by using the search field.In the Add Media section you can:
- Add content by selecting an item from the list on the left and clicking Add. A green check-mark appears next to the Add button of items already in the Playlist. You can add the same entry as many times as you want to the Playlist.
- Remove content by selecting an item from the Playlist on the right and clicking Remove.
- Rearrange content in the Playlist by dragging and dropping the items on the left according to the order you want them to be played or using the up/down buttons .
- Repeat adding Media Assets until you have completed populating your Playlist and click Save.
- The "Create Manual Playlist" dialog closes and the new Playlist is added to the Playlists Tab. A message is displayed that “Media added to selected playlist(s):”<playlist name>.