This article describes the difference between "Virtual Classroom" mode or "Webinar" mode in Kaltura Meeting ?
Class Mode: Virtual Classroom
- Participants are prompted to turn on their devices when joining the live class. If they have already used Kaltura Live Room, then their webcam and microphone devices are automatically initiated.
- When your participants’ devices are activated, they are automatically added to stage.
Class Mode: Webinar
- Participants are not prompted to turn on their devices when entering the live session.
- If your participants activate their devices by using the controls in the upper bar, then they are not automatically added to stage. You can add them to stage manually using the Live button in the participant list.
Change Class Modes (For Room Manager or Admin)
- Click the Settings gear in the upper bar of your live session.
- Select the class mode that you wish to use:
- Virtual Classroom
- Click Close - your changes are automatically applied.