The Channel Playlist feature allows Channel/Media Gallery Managers to curate, organize and improve displayed featured content in their channels.
For the Channel/Media Gallery Manager
The Channel/Media Gallery manager can create, edit, modify the order of playlists and grab embed codes for channel playlists using the Playlists tab.
To access the Playlists tab:
- In the Channel/Media Gallery, click on Actions -> Edit.
- Click on the Playlists tab to add, edit, modify the channel playlist.
- You can add the same entry many times in the playlist.
- Supported entry types are: video, live, YouTube, image and audio types in a playlist.
Video Quiz entries are not supported.
For the Viewer
A dedicated tab displays all the available playlists in the Channel/Media Gallery. The default tab name is 'Home' and is configurable by your Administrator. Playlists serve different purposes in different contexts, e.g. "Lesson Plan", "Campaign Highlights", "Leaderboard" etc. The following screen is an example of a channel playlist called Fireside Chats:
- Clicking on one of the Channel Playlist titles opens the Playlist Playback page.
The Playlist Playback page allows users to watch media in the playlist one by one. For more information, see Playlist Playback Page.
For the Application Admin
KMS/KAF admins can enable the Channel Playlists feature in the channelPlaylists module. You can also determine the name of the tab that appears in the Channel/Media Gallery in this module. The default name is 'Home'.
After the channelPlaylists module is configured, a new tab displays all the available playlists in the Channel/Media Gallery.