You will need to enable captions in your player or select a player with captions already enabled.
To enable captions for display during playback
- Go to the Studio menu, and select Player or Create New Player.
- Select a player and select Edit from the drop down menu.
- In the Edit Player window, select the Features tab.
- Scroll down and select Subtitles and Transcriptions.
- Check one of the following:
Captions on video - The subtitles/captions will be displayed as an overlay at the bottom of the video area. You can control the area where the captions will appear on the player.
Audio Description - Provides an audio description track for hard of hearing viewers.
Captions for accessibility – Creates a dedicated area under the video area to display captions. Check this option if you intend to use the 508 Player.
- Click Options to modify the text style and background.
- Click Apply.
Note these instructions are for verisons prior to Iris. For instructions to enable captions for disaplay on versions Iris an onwards please see here.