An overlay ad is an ad banner that is displayed over the video.
To add an overlay at the entry level
- Configure the Player Advertising Settings.
- Select the Content Tab and select an entry.
- Select the Advertisements tab.
- Click on the + icon to add an overlay.
- Select the method to obtain the overlay add from the File Actions drop down menu.
- (Required) Select the Ad Type (video/overlay).
- For Video the Duration is the length of the video and the field will be greyed out.
- For Overlay – enter the amount of time to display in the Duration field.
- Enter the provider name: VAST or Other and optional values.
- For VAST enter the Tag URL and a descriptive name for the Midroll or Overlay, For other providers enter values that you want to pass to the player.
- Click Save.