These release notes pertain to Kaltura v2 Players.
This article describes the key features and key advantages of the Kaltura Player Platform.
Adding the REACH v2 Transcript Widget
To add the REACH v2 Plugin
The Kaltura REACH v2 Transcript Widget can be configured for each player in the KMC UniversalStudio. See Instructions for Adding the Kaltura REACH v2 Transcript Widget.
The Transcript widget shows the captions during playback. In the transcription playback mode, you can fast-forward or fast-rewind to search for a particular point in the video.
To show the media transcript
This section describes how to edit captions.
There are two ways to access the Captions Editor freom the Edit entry window.
- Actions menu - Select Captions Requests
- Actions menu - Select Edit - This option is available only when your admin has configured the Captions Editor button on your account.
Shortcuts are available to edit captions. See Keyboard Shortcuts.
The Captions' Dashboard
The default Captions Dashboard opens with:
- The line of credit available for ordering Kaltura services.
- Option for detailed information – graph of the total requests and their statuses
- Download icon – to download a report of the requested service orders.
- The Filters Section
- Moderation Section
- Usage information
The Captions Dashboard may be used to:
This section describes the common terms used for creating caption and translation requests from Kaltura.
This section describes REACH integration with the Kaltura MediaSpace and the Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) applications. All completed caption requests are automatically returned to KMS/KAF and are seamlessly integrated.