There are additional tasks to configure Captions/Subtitles for the 508 player. Captions files in the 508 player may be currently be added using the Custom Data feature.
To configure captions for the 508 player
- Go to the Settings tab and select the Custom Data menu.
- Click Add New Schema.
- Select Add Field and create two additional fields named CaptionsType and CaptionsURL and then click Save.
These two fields are case sensitive. The CaptionsType field is the type of file you are using for captions. The CaptionURL is the File Location of the captions file.You may add an informative description for the Custom Data fields.
- Upload content. See Uploading and Ingestion.
- Upload the captions file. See Adding Captions to an Entry.
- Copy the URL from the File Location column.
- Go to the Content tab and click on an entry.
- Go to the Custom Data tab.
- Select Preview & Embed.
- Use the drop down menu to select the 508 player.
- Click Play.
- Copy and paste the CaptionsType and CaptionsUrl information and click Save.